It's been tough but we thank all of you for believing in our vision for this label. When we started , we've been told its a label that isn't for everyone but we've had so much support since then - the MASHUPTRIBE is ever-growing and we thank you for that . We've met many independent designers along this journey and have made so many new friends and realized we are all in this together and will continue to support each other - So that this generation of creatives will be a force to be reckoned with.
We ask you to reminisce with us, here's a summary of 2014 in photos :
1. Our first overseas pop-up in Tokyo ,Japan with other Singaporean designers ( couldn't have done it without PARCO next Next, Thank you PARCO for giving this platform for young designers , when the news that PARCO next NEXT was closing came , we were heartbroken but we've successfully graduated - definitely wiser and more older now - we couldn't have done it without you!!! Also thank you Daniel Boey for always looking out for us and believing in us <3 <3 ) >
2. A collab with Pioneer headphones : We got to pimp up their headphones and create a one-of a kind tee !!
3. Ran a series of D.I.Y workshops with the National library >>>
4. Got ourselves stocked at Superspace !!! ( When the news of the new store opening came , we were so excited . Thank you Bobby, Sam and Gilda for getting us to be part of Superspace . It's nice to have like-minded individuals supporting each other - and we hope to grow with Superspace in the near future ! )
5. So happy to have joined LahLahLand , thank you Ed and Sun for having us !! ( pic via Streething)
6. Pop-up event at @ LLL+ with Singapore and Thai Designers, thank you Ed and Sun for organizing this event , it was great to have gotten close to the designers over the past 5 days, and getting to know you guys ! See y'all in the near future !( pic courtesy of Chung )
7. OMG SEEING YELLE IN THE NOODLE JUMPER WAS THE MOST SURREAL EXPERIENCE EVER, we remember listening and dancing to her songs when we first started partying with the Butterfactory and in college .
8. KIMONO KOLLAB - we made some one of a kind pieces with vintage kimonos for this pop-up : big thank you to Daniel Boey ( yet again ) and Noriko Collins for this !!!
9. Our friend Charles invited MASH-UP to judge one of the Lasalle student's projects >>
10. collaborated with C + C & co. , Natsuko and Reds agency for our #mashupdigitribe campaign which lead to a exhibition in Canvas !
11. #MASHUPDIGITRIBE guerilla fashion show and exhibition at Canvas. Thank you TEAM CANVAS and all our talents / friends who helped out with this project ! Couldn't have done it without all of you !!
12. hosted two workshops making emoji badges at Canvas>>>
13. Biggest achievement of 2014 : our first solo fashion show at Digital Fashion Week ( thank you TEAM DFW especially Frederick for all the help ! Also would like to thank Charina Widjaja for believing in us and helping us achieve one of our milestones )
13. our first show overseas alongside Singapore designers of DFW in Bangkok Fashion Week, it was an honour to be handpicked to show amongside Singapore legends Max tan and Thomas wee . It was also great to have grown closer to Linda Hao of Yesah with this trip ( pic via pearnwstyle.com )
14 : LASTLY , all the BASH-UP parties leading up to the last BASH-UP party ever ( also the sad goodbye to Butterfactory ) Thank you Butterfactory for always supporting local young talents / designers , and always believing in the subcultures of Singapore
We want to excite and make the world a fun-ner place and once again , thank you for being part of this journey with us > we ask you to join us on our journey as we take on 2015 with a bang !